MARCH is the “In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb” month, but what does that saying really mean?! Turns out it’s all about the weather. Winter is LONG, an it’s not over until nearly the end of March. We hang on through those first few weeks and the last of those fiercely cold days of winter (like a Lion) and wait for the start of the mild Spring days (like a lamb) near the end of March. I don’t know about you, but when I see the sprouts of green coming up through the earth I feel JOY and HOPE! The March equinox also celebrates this REBIRTH and many cultures celebrate with Spring festivals.
The birthstone for March is the beautiful BLUE AQUAMARINE. Think SKY blue, OCEAN blue, CRYSTAL blue! It is a DESIRABLE gemstone and the color reminds me of the BEAUTIFUL BLUE SKY of SPRING DAYS AHEAD!
Want to learn more about AQUAMARINE? Here’s some ancient lore (which means it’s probably not true) and facts about the March Birthstone:
* Believed to be the treasure of MERMAIDS!!
* The gemstone’s name is derived from two Latin words, Aqua meaning “water” and marina meaning “of the seas”.
* Mainly found in Brazil, it is a semi-precious gem and is a member of the beryl family.
* The color of aquamarine ranges from teal, to translucent blue-green, to a clear pastel blue.
* Used by Sailors as a symbol for safe ocean travels, fearlessness, and protection from drowning.
* The soothing energy makes Aquamarine a perfect companion to calm fears and phobias.
* Believed to relax the senses, and for this reason is often used in meditation.
* Decorative jewelry and protective amulets using aquamarine have been found dating back as far as 500 B.C.
* Thought to reawaken the love of married couples.
* Aquamarine is the traditional gift for the 19th wedding anniversary and would make an amazing anniversary gift!
TAKE THE PLUNGE with Adele Diamond.
We want to be your jeweler for LIFE.